RE: The Tech Writing World

Subject: RE: The Tech Writing World
From: "Craig Cardimon" <craig -dot- cardimon -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:03:32 -0500

John wrote:

<<Actually, I'm finding that the market is geared towards the Junior
Technical Writer more than ever, mainly because companies can't afford
to pay Intermediate to Senior Writers to scale. Unless the more
experienced writers are willing to take a 15K hit to their salaries, the
employers seem to be satisfied with having less experienced staff in
order to save money.

So the economy being in a slump (although I can see from the job boards
that things are starting to pick up ever so slowly) is actually a
benefit for a writer who is just starting out and is willing to get a
Junior's salary.>>

A Junior's salary would be fine by me, a good step up from Unemployment
Comp, but that's not the situation here in the States. I never see anyone
advertising for Junior Tech Writers.

Sincerely,

Craig Cardimon
ProTechMed
Computer Programming, Technical Writing, and Medical/Scientific Writing
craig -dot- cardimon -at- att -dot- net
http://home.att.net/~craig.cardimon/

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com