Re: Job flow question

Subject: Re: Job flow question
From: "Clark F. Morris, Jr." <cfmtech -at- istar -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:31:10 -0400

I am posting the message on the technical writers newsgroup below to the
mainframe list which you can follow as newsgroup bit.listserv.ibm-main.
I will post any replies on that list to the techwr-l list since most
mainframe people are not subscribed to this list. I will also post
useful replies that are on the technical writers group which I am
following as newsgroup bit.listserv.techwr-l to ibm-main. As someone
who avoided flowcharts if at all possible, I will be interested in the
replies. I also recommend both newsgroups to those interested in good
discussions related to the groups respective charters and some
fascinating tangents.

tvirostko -at- familydollar -dot- com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In Visio, I'm creating a visual representation of our Mainframe jobs. I'm
> off to a good start, but I've now come to a point where I'm not sure how to
> handle a situation. I have a Mainframe Event or Job "B" that doesn't run
> until the End of another Job "A". I represent this with a contingency, "B"
> follows "A" in the flow. Simple.
>
> But I also have a "NOT DURING JOB" designation on the same event. So, my Job
> "B" must wait until the end of Job "A", but cannot run during Job "C". How
> do I visually show this requirement?
>
> Any suggestions? How do you handle it in your visual flows to show this
> relationship?
> TIA
> Anthony Virostko
> IT Technical Writer
> Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
> Ext. 3479
>
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
> temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
> - Benjamin Franklin

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com