Re: Article: "Living Documentation"

Subject: Re: Article: "Living Documentation"
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:32:33 -0500

To put the argumentative basis of assigning blame to the writer, let's quote the
whole paragraph from the article (as someone else has I believe):
"Because I am a technical writer, I understand that inaccuracies are not
necessarily the fault of the writer, or even the editor. This book was produced
before the final version of the software came out. It had to be."

The article was actually rather balanced and proposed valid solutions to a real
world problem. It would be interesting to discuss the article and its proposals
instead of having the thread hijacked by one member with a bad grudge. Indeed
the original hijacking is completely dishonest as it quotes the article out of
context.

Now unless an Uber-Writer wants to explain to us all how we are supposed to take
100% responsibility and attain 100% accuracy and become 100% clairvoyant in a
dynamic environment where the writer is not in control of the development or
release schedule or process, I would kindly suggest they take their grudges and
prejudices elsewhere.

Eric L. Dunn

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com