Re[2]: Principles for procedure writing

Subject: Re[2]: Principles for procedure writing
From: bethany_rusbasan -at- leco -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:26:46 -0400

I was just talking to a friend of mine that owns a marketing firm, he does some technical support for various companies too. He has his writers write to a sixth grade level.

My company has written some special manuals for big customers, written to a fourth grade reading level. And, our customer still wasn't sure that their people would be able to read it.

I agree a pretty sad state of affairs.

_________
John Gilger wrote:

> 1. Keep It Simple -- the sad fact of life is that many users > cannot read above the eighth grade level.

Keeping it simple doesn't necessarily mean reducing the reading level. The target audience for our products has reading skills well above that of eighth-grader, but "keep it simple" still applies.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com