Re: A rant about ideas, not persons

Subject: Re: A rant about ideas, not persons
From: "Bill Sullivan" <billsull -at- connectnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:34:11 -0700

Dick Margulis writes:

>However, it seems to me that we ought--as people who claim to be proficient
in some aspect of communication--to be able to agree on some basic ground
rules of discourse. At the very least, we might be able to avoid talking
past each other in mutually incomprehensible patois, as seems to be the
situation in the most recent contretemps.

Right you are. The subtext, if I see it correctly, reminds me of advice I
heard in the early days of my career: Don't take yourself so seriously.

Bill Sullivan

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com