Re: YOU are responsible, even when YOU are not to blame

Subject: Re: YOU are responsible, even when YOU are not to blame
From: "Anthony Kelly" <alkelly71 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:05:14 +0000

Andrew said:

Lastly, if you require a 100% sanitary environment, where management
religiously feeds you every last chunk of data you need to write docs and
ensures you are totally set up to succeed, then I am afraid you are in for a
very depressing and disappointing career in high-tech. These places do not
exist, nor will they ever.

Jan said:
I do not think that it helps this discussion to distort out of all recognition the position of people who do not happen to share your opinion. I ask that you henceforth show me the courtesy to respond to what I actually said.

Hi,

I believe that Andrew makes a fair point in light of the discussion, although I don't agree with it :).

I disagree with Andrew's simple rationalization as to the concepts of responsibility and blame. If the documentation is late due to a snowstorm, you are not responsible for it being late, but you are responsible for making sure it's completed as soon as possible afterwards.

Blame isn't even an issue in Andrew's example, so it doesn't really support his argument (IMO)

Anthony

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com