Antwort: Re: Responsibility, blame, managers, and getting the job done

Subject: Antwort: Re: Responsibility, blame, managers, and getting the job done
From: Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:17:07 +0200

Hi!

Keith Cronin wrote:

>Amy wrote:

>> Kat, you hit the nail on the head. I am in violent agreement!
>>
>> I hear what Bonnie is saying about management, but that situation only
>> exists on that planet where I am 5' 9" and a size 2. :-)
>I'm with Amy. And Kat. And Andrew. Hell, I'm with so many people it's
>getting crowded in here. <g> It's OUR job to get the info we need. Not
the
>manager's. Not the developers. Ours.
It sure is our job to get the information we need. But getting information
usually requires someone else having, and sharng the information.

>The fact that it is usually challenging to do so is why we get paid decent
>money to do this job.
If you have never been at places where getting information is not merely
challenging but impossible because those having the information won't share
it, you're lucky. I _have_ seen information withheld, for no other reason
but the ones having the information disliking the person needing the
information. Unfortunately, the people higher up in the hierarchy shared
the dislike. (I never understood why they disliked that person so much...)
The - inevitable - result was that the person needing the information was
unable to complete the task.

I am not so sure that such situations are as rare as some people seem to
think.

Kerstin

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com