another numbering problem

Subject: another numbering problem
From: Krimur -at- MUZE -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:06:30 -0400

Hi,

I'm working in MS Word 97 on a user guide that has 157 + pages, with 6
levels of headers (these headers are not numbered). All of a sudden, when I
try to apply numbering on the Normal style (to create a numbered list) the
style changes from "Normal" to "TOC 8"

I have tried removing the "automatic update" on the "Normal" and "TOC 8"
styles, to no avail (I don't even have a level-8 heading in the doc!) This
is driving me BATTY, does anyone know how to fix this?

help!

Kristine B. Murphy
Manager, Publication Technology
Muze, Inc.
304 Hudson St., 8th floor
New York, NY 10013-1015
212.824.0300 T
212.741.1246 F
krimur -at- muze -dot- com
www.muze.com <http://www.muze.com/>
Muze Drives Commerce
This electronic mail transmission is intended only for the addressee
indicated above. It may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review,
dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by any persons
other than the addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify postmaster -at- muze -dot- com and delete the
original immediately.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com