RE: Slightly off-topic but, I hope, not unwelcome

Subject: RE: Slightly off-topic but, I hope, not unwelcome
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:16:20 -0400

Beth...I rarely get the use of an editor. However, if I used one, I know
what would bug me, and it is the same problem as you describe:

The editor needs to know what is within his/er scope and not stick their
nose in areas of the documentation that isn't his or her business.

Example...I had a deliverable that while not subject to an editor's
inspection, was looked at by the editor of another group (without my knowing
or approval). One of his suggestions was that he didn't like the formatting
and arrangement of the tables (and I use many tables).

In my opinion, subjective opinions are not the responsibility of an editor.
Typo; Yes. Opinion about a news ticker; No

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"When you only have two minutes to do
something that takes three, wait until you have three"