Re: Software Suggestions

Subject: Re: Software Suggestions
From: AmyD -at- osas -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:06:24 -0600

Sean wrote:
> Are you kidding? Yes, you can use Print Screen...
> Ctrl+Shift+P captures exactly what you want, names it
> automatically if you choose, saves it as a raster
> format of your choosing, sets a resolution hint of
> your choosing, and resamples the color depth if you
> want . . . Ctrl+Shift+P (you can set that key combo to
> whatever you want) gets you there in a fraction of the
> time of Alt/Print screen. No biggie for one or two
> captures, significant for any real number. And, if
> your time is valuable, Alt/Print Screen becomes
> expensive . . . if your time is not, then no worries.

Really? And it does all of this by itself? Just Ctrl+Shift+P? Kidding - I
realize that this key combination obviously works only in conjunction with
an image software package (Snagit, I'm guessing?), but just what software
package, Sean, you never mention. C'mon - let us know!

I mention Print Screen + Paint simply because sometimes there's too much
emphasis put on the "need" of software packages. "I *need* PhotoShop
because I just can't do screen shots in anything else." Well, actually,
yes, you can. Is Print Screen + Paint a kludge? Yes, it is. Is it time
consuming? Sure. But if you're looking for a tool for a one-off or because
you need it done *now*, you don't have to spend time researching or buying
a product when you already have the tools to get the job done. It's kind
of like Andrew says - get the job done, then worry about getting more
appropriate tools when you have time/money/buy-in/credibility.

I think we sometimes forget that.

Best,
Amy Dohlman

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/