RE: xml training

Subject: RE: xml training
From: "Rob Writer" <piercedroo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:03:26 -0500

From: "Claire Philpott" <claire -at- edams -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>

I haven't seen any responses to this query.>
I would also be interested in any online training or book recommendations.

Actually, I believe Loretta Weiss-Morris addressed this quite nicely a few days back:

Hi Greg and all:

Here are some links to free web-based xml tutorials.
I have nothing to do with these sites except telling my readers about
them. Hope you find them useful. The sites generally have other free
training as well.

The links:

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp

http://java.sun.com/xml/tutorial_intro.html

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk30/htm/xmtutxmltutorial.asp

http://www.brics.dk/~amoeller/XML/index.html

http://www.spiderpro.com/bu/buxmlm001.html (this one is also downloadable
as a free ebook)

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XMLTutorial/General/book_en.html (this one is
available in a number of languages besides English)

There are plenty more on the Web but these are all different from each
other in some way and should get you started.

Bye the way, there are also tons of free, helpful xml resources available
on the web, if you'll search. To get you started, try this one:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/lp/xml/?t=gr,lnxw09=XMLres

I downloaded the ebook from SpiderPro, and found it much too vauge and high-level to be of any real value, other than an extended definition of what XML is.

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com