Re: Who cares about ethics?

Subject: Re: Who cares about ethics?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:22:22 -0700

In the specific situation you describe, I would say that so long as your alterations are not
persuading people to buy the product who would not buy it if they saw the actual UI, you're
ok.

Gene Kim-Eng

At 08:18 PM 4/10/2003 -0700, Keri Morgret wrote:

But what about when I also scoot the OK and Cancel buttons over a little bit, so it looks more balanced, like I had taken the screenshot like that? What about when I line up a couple of elements in the forms so that it looks better visually, and makes it such that I can take a large amount of "dead" space out of the middle? Again, I'm not deleting any content, but now I'm not 100% reflecting exactly what the interface looks like.

I am NOT doing anything of the sort for any marketing material.. and this is an end of life product that a third party has made, where correcting the problems of the interface is not an easy option.

I've been thinking about posting this for a bit now, and Dawn's post prompted me to go ahead and post.
I'm interested in seeing if others often find themselves in a similar situation, and what other views on the subject are.

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com