Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* TOOLS: Need Online Satisfaction Surveys and Forms? (NEW)
* STORY: Place SnagIt in your Toolbars
* ANNOUNCE: New "Day in the Life of a Technical Writer" Feature
* ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L 10th Anniversary Contests
* REMINDER: STC Annual Conference Discussion List
* TRAINING: NOW SAVE 10% ON OUR ONLINE COURSES!
* ANNOUNCE: LavaCon: final days to save $500 + other news

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

TOOLS: Need Online Satisfaction Surveys and Forms?

SurveyGuru :: We can transition your paper based survey to an online
format. We can also create an online survey to measure customer
customer needs, sales information and more. Our analysts have
strong backgrounds in measurement and statistical analysis or
we can send you the raw data.

In addition we offer online forms such as contact information forms
sales forms, and customer service forms. These forms are ready
to link to your email or on your website. The data come back to
you directly via email in a variety of formats in including:
Excel, .txt., tab-delim, Maximizer, Goldmine, and ACT.

Please feel free to contact us for more information:

Infosoft Solutions, Inc.
Home of MyOnlineForms
360-714-0831
daveb -at- goinfosoft -dot- com
http://www.myonlineforms.com/surveyguru

04/10/03-04/17/03

STORY: Place SnagIt in your Toolbars

Before starting up the work day, Dan the technical writer stopped by
John's office to talk.

As they conversed, Dan's eyes strayed to his fellow technical writer's
desktop screen. He started, then stared.

He stammered, "You . . . you have SnagIt on your Microsoft Word toolbar."

"Oh, yeah!" John said heartily. "With SnagIt 6.2 you can place SnagIt
directly into the toolbar of Word, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer. It
makes it SO easy -- this way, I can perform all of my capturing work
within one application. No more switching back and forth!"

Dan said weakly, "I bet you can save a lot of time."

"No kidding!" John agreed. "I can store files and embed shots -- in Word
I can automatically insert, link to file, insert and link, and save to
Clipboard."

Dan shook as he left the office. Was he losing his technical writer edge?
Was he out of the loop? Why didn't HE have SnagIt in his toolbars?

Dan immediately logged onto TechSmith's site. Relief rushed through him
when he realized that SnagIt 6.2 was NEW! It was only released last week!
Soon, SnagIt 6.2 was his, and he set right to work testing out SnagIt's
Add-In capabilities.

He whispered, "Just when I thought SnagIt couldn't get any better,
something like this happens."

He marched down to John's office and announced, "I have SnagIt in my
toolbars now."

"That's great!" John replied.

Overhearing them, Aimee, a younger technical writer asked, "Really? How
did you do that?"

Ah, Dan thought, finally satisfied. I may not be the first to have SnagIt
in my toolbars, but I'll be the first to make sure everyone else has them
as well.

"Let the chain of knowledge continue!" he announced to his startled
coworkers.

Get SnagIt in your toolbars at www.techsmith.com.

04/06/03-04/13/03

ANNOUNCE: New "Day in the Life of a Technical Writer" Feature

Just getting started in tech writing? Or curious about
what other tech writers do? Visit the new Day in the
Life of a Technical Writer feature, located on the

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/magazine/gettingstarted/

This new feature highlights technical writers and
their day-to-day jobs. Each time you visit or
reload the Getting Started page, you'll see a
different writer's Day in the Life description.
Visit this feature and submit your 100-word
(or fewer) description!

04/06/03-04/13/03

REMINDER: TECHWR-L 10th Anniversary Contests

With TECHWR-L celebrating its 10th anniversary, we're having a
celebration with contests and prizes--generously provided by our very
own TECHWR-L sponsors. Help celebrate--and win valuable prizes--by
entering the following current contest:

* The "Most compelling 'How TECHWR-L Made A Difference' story"
contest

Enter or just find out more by visiting the Contests home page:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/special/contests/

The prize for this contest is a full version of ComponentOne's
Doc-to-Help, thanks to TECHWR-L sponsor and supporter ComponentOne
(http://www.componentone.com/). Enter now to win!

03/24/03-04/15/03

REMINDER: STC Annual Conference Discussion List

Are you planning on attending the 50th Annual STC
Conference (May 18-21 in Dallas, TX)? If so, join
the STC Conference discussion list:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/special/conflist/

This list, sponsored by Bright Path Solutions
(http://www.travelthepath.com), will be available
from March 15th through May 30, 2003. This is an
unmoderated list, and provides conference-goers
with a forum to discuss the upcoming conference,
travel and get-together plans, and other related
topics.

This discussion list is not associated with STC,
other than the fact that the focus is discussing
the upcoming STC Annual Conference. This list is
a free service to the technical writing community
provided by RayComm, Inc.

03/24/03-06/01/03

TRAINING: NOW SAVE 10% ON OUR ONLINE COURSES!

Now, as a Techwr-l visitor, you can receive a 10% discount
on all of our online courses. Courses include technical
writing, business writing, introduction and advanced XML,
XSL techniques, graphic design, user interface design
& analysis, usability testing, online help design and
web-based training design.

Online-Learning has established a solid reputation for
delivering high-quality courses. Check out our testimonials!
Courses feature self-paced reading materials, one-to-one instructor
interaction, scheduled audio or text chats and practical,
hand-marked assignments with detailed instructor feedback.
And all of our courses are university-certified
in the United States and Canada.

Visit us today at http://www.online-learning.com/index.html?techwrl.
Make sure you use discount code "techwrl" when you register
to receive your 10% discount!

04/03/03-04/11/03

ANNOUNCE: LavaCon: final days to save $500 + other news

New info about LavaCon, The International Conference On Technical
Communication Management is now available:

o. Only a few days left to save $500 off the full conference tuition:
http://www.lavacon.org/Program_register.htm

o. New cancellation policy: no penalty to cancel before September:
http://www.lavacon.org/Program_register.htm

o. Hawaiian Airlines group airfare discounts now available:
http://www.lavacon.org/Air.htm

o. Post-conference workshops are now posted on the conference website:
http://www.lavacon.org/Program_sessions.htm

o. Reserve an ocean view room at the beautiful Maui Prince Resort by
March 31st for only $155/night:
http://www.lavacon.org/Hotel.htm

NOTE: You do NOT have to have your registration paid for to make
your hotel reservation. There is also no penalty for cancelling your
hotel reservation before October, so be sure to reserve your room at
the low rate if you of $155/night if you think you may be attending!

LavaCon: The International Conference on
Technical Communication Management

Makena, Maui, Hawaii
October 13 - 17, 2003
www.lavacon.org

LavaCon: Come for the conference, stay for a tan!

03/30/03-04/07/03

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.