Re: RE: Visual SourceSafe/other doc control apps

Subject: Re: RE: Visual SourceSafe/other doc control apps
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:55:12 -0400

At home, I use StarTeam on both my desktop and my laptop, then check files in and out to move them from one machine to another. That way, only my backup drive is shared.

And when my husband gets all excited about a new feature for his Web page, then decides against it, then decides he wants it again... <g>. Or maybe I took something off my resume six months ago because it wasn't relevant, but now I want to add it back in again, and there it is, all proofed and ready.

I regularly check in client docs for backup. But it also makes me much more confident about making major edits. If I delete too much, I can always get it back again.

It only seems like overkill until you get used to it.
HTH
-Sue Gallagher

> Would someone (or a few someones) please explain how they are
> using VSS (or ClearCase or...) for documentation production,
> as other than a backup utility?
>
> For my purposes, it seems overkill -- I'm a lone writer --

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com