Re: certification

Subject: Re: certification
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:56:15 -0600

ASUE wrote:

> The only
> real opposition to certification would be from those who think they would be
> weeded out by the process.

Or from those who already *know* they're tech writers, and don't want to
waste time proving it, particularly if it involves spending time and money
acquiring skills they don't need.

You know what you think you need to be a "real" tech writer. I know what I
think you need. I'm willing to bet they're not the same.

I say that not as an attack, but as an example of how hard it would be to
find criteria we could agree on for certification, other than the ability
to *write*. Beyond that, I need to know how to do MY job. And my local
market makes it clear to me what I need to know to find other jobs in my
area.

YMMV. In fact, the fact that YMMV is why I oppose certification.

Keith Cronin
Certification is for sissies. Nyah nyah.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com