RE: certification

Subject: RE: certification
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:06:27 -0400

Kevin...it never dawned on me that the cert/accred process would be anything
but legit and it never dawned on me that the requirements would be based on
any one particular small group's of existing credentials or that it would be
a marketing ploy.

Maybe I'm just naive

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

> Another is that ... well... if you've ever eaten a McD
> burger and then eaten a real one (insert your definition here),
> you know the power of marketing. The old nostrum about building
> "a better mousetrap" kinda left out the part where a well-oiled
> marketing machine is the component (of the mousetrap) that gets
> the world to your door.
> I'm sure we all know of plenty of products that have succeeded
> brilliantly in the marketplace, almost entirely independently
> of the quality.

> Before that time, it'll be surviving (and growing in popularity,
> if appropriate?) as much on the strength of the proponents'
> lung power (and favors owed by trade rag editors) as on its intrinsic
> merits.

> But back to the earlier point, if having been an interested
> bystander when it was being concocted, I *did* gather the
> impression that it was being built around the resumés of its
> founders, with only incidental general applicability, why then
> I'd feel perfectly justified in promoting an opposing point of
> view, a critical squint under its skirts. After all, it would

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com