RE: Certification is absurd

Subject: RE: Certification is absurd
From: "Dan Glovier" <dglovier -at- edline -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:24:01 -0500

John sed:

> Sorry, Dan...I feel like a left fielder during batting
practice...they're
> coming faster than I can handle them and still get done today at work
that
> committed to. I'm just trying to keep this thread going, I think it is
> important to our field, regardless of which way it goes.

No worries, Jon; I knew it was an oversight.

I agree with the idea that certification, as an ethereal concept, is a
beautiful thing. I just think that application of this process in the
real world just isn't going to happen or bring much (if any) value to
tech writers across the board, and will probably overvalue some writers
while undervaluing others.

But you're right. This discussion is a good one, and who knows? Maybe a
new thought will emerge from these discussions, and that thought can
lead us to a workable solution.

Bt I know I'll be the guy with the "what you talkin' about, Willis?"
face when it is proposed. And that's a good thing, because if it is
truly a workable solution it will be able to answer most (if not all) of
my questions and doubts.

Later, and happy Friday to all,
Dan Glovier

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/