Re: freelancers: emoonlighter warning

Subject: Re: freelancers: emoonlighter warning
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:38:15 -0400

> This company (emoonlighter) based in Pennsylvania has
> unresolved complaints listed with the BBB, double
> charges for transactions, posts inaccurate claims, and
> does not have any checkpoints in place for catching
> bogus project postings (since they are posted for free
> and the company does not contact employers).
>
> They will also allow a freelancer to sign up for
> 'free', however, after signing up for 'free', one
> discovers they cannot bid on any projects. After that,
> you can pay 49.95 for 3 months plus 5%+ per
> transaction.
>
> In addition, one must bid on approximately 100
> projects per response.
>
> TMC

I don't pay a dime, but once in a while they'll contact me about some project
that I *can* bid on. I get e-mails occasionally and have bid, but never heard
from anyone.

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com