Alternative to the word module?

Subject: Alternative to the word module?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:02:52 -0400

mark Dsouza wonders: <<We have a user manual for each module of software
(e.g administration module, support module and so on). I am really
apprehensive about using 'module' in the manual since it looks like a
programming term to me. Could
anyone suggest me an alternative for the word 'module'?>>

I think the term has been used often enough colloquially that you shouldn't
have any problem with it; that's doubly true if each module's docs begins
with a context that uses phrases such as "this module does X" or "for more
details on other modules of the software, see manual Y".

It would also be useful to minimize references to the modules in the first
place, since this focuses on the software architecture rather than on the
user's tasks, and that's not the most effective focus.

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com