Re: Visio to PDF Printing problem

Subject: Re: Visio to PDF Printing problem
From: "Rick Bishop" <BishopR -at- jcdc -dot- jobcorps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:28:02 -0500

Rose: Try this:
1) Set up a 'virtual' printer on your local machine LPT1. I like HP 5si MX PS because the driver is solid and easy to get. Check "Print to file" when installing. Just say "No'" when asked if you want to print a test page.
2) From Visio (or any other app), File, Print, check print to file, select the 5si printer, click Properties, select legal paper size, Color Appearance - Color, OK, then click Print. You should not have to set the page size in Distiller, but if so,
3) Open Distiller, Settings, Job Options, Advanced, Default page size, Inches, 8.5 x 14. (change it back afterwards)
3) Open the .prn file with Distiller and make your pdf. I like to set up in and out watched folders, then just print the .prn files to the In folder.
4) Print the pdf to any printer.
feel free to email me privately if I can help.
HTH,
Rick

>>> <Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com> 04/24/03 07:34PM >>>

I created Visio diagrams of our Enhancement process here. I created them as legal size in Visio, then distill them into PDFs. The PDFs version of the document comes up with "Tabloid" in the Page Setup portion rather than "Legal". This causes our local printer, a Xerox Phaser 2135, to shrink the diagrams and print them on 8 1/2 X 11 thus adversely affecting readability.
<< SNIP >>

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com