RE: Short- term courses

Subject: RE: Short- term courses
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:37:26 -0700

Beena could also be looking for actual *writing* or editing courses. As
beneficial as technical training is (and it is), spending some time in
critical examination of writing skills, with an objective party to
provide feedback, is an excellent use of time. After all, that is our
core skill.

Technical courses are widely available. Advanced, intensive, short-term
writing workshops are sorely lacking. STC Rocky Mountain sometimes
organizes workshops by different folks. I've attended a couple of these
and they were useful. But they do tend to be the "methodology" type
things (Information Mapping, etc.), rather than actual writing.

Hmmmmm, okay, I'm getting off track here. But I'm captivated by this
idea. Would anyone in the Denver/Boulder region be interested in this
sort of thing? Does it already go on and I don't know? Is anyone else
doing periodic writing workshops? I know fiction writers do them all the
time...

Lisa