URGENT HELP Beginning Technical Writing

Subject: URGENT HELP Beginning Technical Writing
From: birdfly -at- prodigy -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:42:19 -0500

I'm am anxious to learn more about becoming a technical
writer. Currently I am a resume writer and have
been doing this from home as a subcontractor and business owner
for the last six years. I received certification from the Professional Association
of Resume Writers and have samples of my work published in several books.

I am now interested in becoming a Technical Writer but I'm not sure if this
is something I can do strictly from home as a subcontractor or how easy it is to
obtain work. As a subcontract resume writer, I obtained work by simply calling
the company and emailing my resume and work samples. No interview or anything
formal. I'm wondering if it's as easy to get subcontract work as a Technical Writer and
if I'll be able to work strictly from home as I do now or if I'll have to go to a job site. The client
simply filled out worksheets and all work/client interviews were handled strictly by phone, fax and email, from
project conception to completion.

Desperate for help,

~rosie

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires 4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l