RE: What Would You Do with a Writer Who Can't Write?

Subject: RE: What Would You Do with a Writer Who Can't Write?
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:21:40 -0400

I don't think that's fair advice. This may be another "Motel Boy" writer
case, but not everyone expects you, the contractor, to shut up and get to
work.

As a contractor, I pointed out shortcomings and incorrect processes. My
suggestions were welcomed, not because I was a hired contractor and
therefore "should know my stuff", but because I was political in my
approach.

There are times where qualitative assessment is prudent, and there are times
when quantitative analysis coupled with factual evidence prevails. In this
case, cold hard facts are needed to properly flush the elephant out into the
center of the room. But, regardless of which approach you use, you gotta use
tact and appropriate channels.

Bill Swallow
wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com