Re: Checking facts during editing

Subject: Re: Checking facts during editing
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 08:38:33 -0700

Most editors I've worked with have checked some facts,
for example, the company contact info in the boiler plate,
and some basic science/engineering facts that are common
to whatever industry we're working in. However, when it
comes to actually verifying the new technical content of a
document, in the instances when I've had the luxury of
having an editor, our workload has always been so heavy
that there wasn't time for that.

Gene Kim-Eng

At 10:11 AM 4/30/2003 -0700, Rowena Hart wrote:

I'm wondering: How many of you actually work with
editors who check facts as well as writing? At what
point in the development cycle does the editor start
checking facts? How long does it take them, compared
to checking writing? And how well does it work? For
example, how much additional fact checking is required
before the documents go out the door?

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com