Re: URGENT: Immediate ethical issue ---> need your input NOW

Subject: Re: URGENT: Immediate ethical issue ---> need your input NOW
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 16:43:53 -0400

Update:

Fifteen percent of the text (about 2000 of 13,000 words) was copied from a
variety of other sources. All of the sources had copyright statements that
included specific conditions for use of the contents, names of the authors, or
both.

Unless this author has private agreements with the authors of the other
documents, some of which were published within the last two months, this is a
very sad state of affairs.

It's taken quite a while to do it properly, but I have documented the
instances I found -- 20 of them -- and if my editor requests more information,
I have it ready to send to her.

Now, is there any weekend left????

I've written to my editor the following, and I'll be returning the report to
her in a few minutes:

___________________

Subject: Note on XXXX Report

Hi, XXXXXXXX,