Re: Including third-party Linux documentation

Subject: Re: Including third-party Linux documentation
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:02:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bruce,

You are right, I should have been more specific.
Differences exist in each distro. I was refering to
the commands that the end User would (most likely) be
using to install her company's software (i.e. mount,
umount, mkdir, cd, ls, rm, tar, etc. as well as rpm
-ivh (if Mandrake, Red Hat or SuSe).

DaLy

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:> DaLy
wrote:>

> This is true for basic commands, such as cp or ls,>
but not necessarily for more exotic ones. Debian, for
example, has some arcana all its own, largely to do
with the .deb package format and> apt-get but also
things like installation and hardware detection.

> That's one of the joys of being a Debian user ->
you're not only more of an illuminati than non-Linux
users, but also more of> one than most Linux users .
But other distributions have their own quirks,
although probably not as > many.

> Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604.421.7177

http://search.yahoo.com

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com