Links/cross-refs between entities using DocBook

Subject: Links/cross-refs between entities using DocBook
From: Rowena Hart <rowena_hart -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

For the DocBook experts out there:

I am having trouble setting up links/cross-refs
between entities. I've read all of the documentation
that I can find on the subject but I'm still not able
to get a working link/cross-ref between entities.

Assuming that I have two entities in my book:

<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "DocBookDTD\docbookx.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY aboutwcwf SYSTEM
"AboutWorkCentersAndWorkFlows.xml">
<!ENTITY glossary SYSTEM "Glossary.xml">
]>
<book>
<chapter>
<title>Key Concepts</title>
&aboutwcwf;
&glossary;
</chapter>
</book>

and the AboutWorkCentersAndWorkFlows.xml file contains
a single section of text:

<section id="aboutwcwf">
<title>About Work Centers and Work Flows</title>
<simpara>You can perform one or more related tasks in
each work center.</simpara>
</section>

and the Glossary.xml file contains a definition of the
term "work center":

<glossary>
<glossentry>
<glossterm id="wc">work centers</glossterm>
<glossdef>
<simpara>A work center is...
</simpara>
</glossdef>
</glossentry>
</glossary>

How would I create a link/cross-ref from the
AboutWorkCentersAndWorkFlows.xml file to the
Glossary.xml file? More specifically, how would I
create a link/cross-ref to the specific glossary term?

I can set up a link/cross-ref from one point to
another in the SAME XML FILE/ENTITY, but I cannot seem
to set up links/cross-refs between files/entities.

Any suggestions? Examples welcome...

Rowena

http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.