RE: Draft Copy Circulation - Adding to the Prologue.ps

Subject: RE: Draft Copy Circulation - Adding to the Prologue.ps
From: Archimede Ziviello <archimede -dot- ziviello -at- cannondale -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:05:26 -0400

I really don't favor the idea of tampering with the master pages as some
have suggested.
It looks like I can accomplish adding the "draft copy" to the distiller job
by enabling the prologue.ps and epilogue.ps files in the job option. I am
not going to abandon saving as PDF since I, nor any of my users has ever had
a single problem with this production method.

My current problem is I do not know how to write the postscript code. I
managed to change the prologue file based on an example from the Adobe site
to produce DRAFT COPY, but its upside down. Other parts of the file change
are not producing any change in the PDF output. Those lines can stay in the
text of the file.

Any suggestions on how to change the following .ps file to orient the text
correctly, and transform it to bold red text. A nice bonus would be rotated
45 degrees. This is a case where the learning curve is beating me up. The
manual (reference guide) is 916 pages long.

BEGIN:

%
% prologue.ps
%
% This file can be used to add custom PostScript code that you
% wish to have executed at the beginning of every PostScript job
% being distilled. If the option labelled "Use prologue.ps and
% epilogue.ps" is selected in the "Advanced" panel of the "Job
% Options" dialog, the contents of this file will be executed
% before the actual PostScript file is run.
%
(Processing prologue.ps...\n) print flush

% Insert your custom PostScript here...

<< /BeginPage
{ pop 1000 3000 moveto /Helvetica 24 selectfont (Hello World) show }
/EndPage
{2 ne /drawIt exch def pop 1000 3000 moveto /Courier 250 selectfont
(DRAFT COPY) show drawIt }
>> setpagedevice

(Done processing prologue.ps.\n) print flush

% End of file.

END:

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com