Re: Framemaker Crashes - Internal Error: 6004, 5514644, 6571609, 4709252

Subject: Re: Framemaker Crashes - Internal Error: 6004, 5514644, 6571609, 4709252
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:55:42 -0600

Jayanthi wrote:

> I am facing this strange problem with Framemaker that I have been unable
> solve. Following are the details and would greatly appreciate if you could
> provide any insight to solving the problem. <snip>

What platform, OS, and version of FM?

Have you tried opening all files in the book before attempting book-wide
operations? Do you get any prompts or error messages when opening the files
in the book (missing fonts or graphics, unresolved xrefs, etc.)?

Try asking on the FrameUsers list and/or Adobe's forum for FM. Be sure you
provide more info about your environment (see question above). The email
address fmerror -at- adobe -dot- com isn't a mailing list or means of getting
support/assistance. It's strictly for sending error log info to FM
engineering to help them with future bug fixes. You should get an automated
response explaining this to you.

Reinstalling the OS will help only if you have a screwed-up OS.

You say you can do the same tasks on the same files on a different
machine -- well, what's the difference between the setup/environment that
works and the one that doesn't work? That's where I'd begin sleuthing.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs