Fwd: THANKS RE:ISO process writing

Subject: Fwd: THANKS RE:ISO process writing
From: Annamarie Pluhar <apluhar -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:27:24 -0400

Ah, ha! and therein lies the value of the whole ISO exercise. It opens up a range of questions:
What are the processes? Who decides what they are? How are they going to come to a consensus?

When I did this sort of work back in the 80's, under the label of Total Quality, my colleagues (we were a consulting company working with clients) would set up cross-functional teams to document a process. As a newcomer to the world of manufacturing, I was amazed by how differently engineering, supervision, quality and the different shifts on the floor would believe a process worked, to say nothing of management!

I hope your management is ready to take on these decisions and doesn't leave it up to you. You and they may find that it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Good luck.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post, both on the list and off.
Looks like my company just needs to come to a consensus about how THEY
want the processes to be...

Jennifer

--
Annamarie
apluhar -at- iddtechsolutions -dot- com

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com