RE: RE: Techwriting after the boom; WAS: (no subject)

Subject: RE: RE: Techwriting after the boom; WAS: (no subject)
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 05 Jun 2003 10:45:23 PDT

OTOH, a lot of the same issues come up in these fields.
I am continuously amazed at the high number of PhD-level
researchers who require hand-holding instructions in things
managing files on the drives of the PCs that control their
DNA sequencers and other equipment. In my last project the
marketing manager had done a thorough survey of the computer
skills of our targeted market (university bio researchers), and concluded that our user guide needed to explain terms
like "select," "click," "right-click," etc.

Gene Kim-Eng