RE: Techwriting after the boom

Subject: RE: Techwriting after the boom
From: France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:11:27 -0400

Ok, now I keep hearing you guys complaining about the market all the time. So I have to ask you... When you say rates are going down, how much are you talking about? You can answer in $ or %, I just want a rough idea. When you say they are fewer jobs, do you mean you have to look for one as opposed to having offers fall from the sky, or that you cannot find one?

I'm asking because I have not had any other job that paid better than technical writing, and I have not seen a field in which it was easier to find a job quickly. I even refuse work as I feel having a full time job is quite enough. Even when I was a programmer I found life harder than now!

Am I lucky or am I just not expecting enough?

France Baril
Rédactrice Technique / Technical Writer
IXIASOFT
(514) 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com