Re: Writer vs Author (was Techwriting after the boom)

Subject: Re: Writer vs Author (was Techwriting after the boom)
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 14:29:25 -0400

From: "Ami WRIGHT" <ami -at- ziplink -dot- net>

> mark_levinson wrote:
> >I thought that technical authors were the same
> >as technical writers but in England.
>
> Yes, Mark, you are correct on that point. The Americans use the job title
> Technical Writer. The British use the job title Technical Author. They
> are describing essentially the same job.
>
> -Ami

The STC's UK chapter says this:

If you want to find a job as a technical communicator in the UK, the first
thing you need to know is that people who work in this profession in the UK
are not called technical communicators. They usually have the job title
Technical Author. Other common job titles are Technical Writer and Information
Developer. Managerial jobs have titles such as Technical Publications Manager,
Documentation Manager, and Information Development Manager.

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com