RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:44:50 -0700

The one course I can point to was a class in 18th century French
literature. We studied Diderot and les Philosophes, and the great
Encyclopedie (sorry for lack of accent mark). It was the first time I
realized that an ostensibly impersonal reference book could be instilled
with personal opinion and bias. (I now read Newton's Telecom Dictionary
for amusement at work.) It makes me thankful for present-day methods of
compiling dictionaries and encyclopedias, and thankful for the Web,
which is so full of--hm, bias and personal opinion, with a few facts
thrown in for good measure!

> > So I'll ask the group: What single course proved to be most useful
> in your
> > technical writing work?

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com