RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: "Victoria Nuttle" <vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:19:44 -0500

> So I'll ask the group: What single course proved to be most useful in
> your technical writing work?

Sophomore year of high school, Advanced English class. For reasons
still unknown, the teacher had had my brother in his class years earlier
and just hated my poor bro. And it all got pushed back on to me when I
came through his class. Writing and English were always my good
subjects, and no matter what, I could do no better than C's or B's in
the class (unless the teacher's assistant was grading that day).

Stressing about it, my mom shared the following: There are just some
people that are going to decide they don't like you, and try to make
your life hell. And there is nothing you can really do to change them.

As a tech writer, I know some people won't be fond of me due to others
who came before me. Work is not a popularity contest and as long as no
one prevents someone else from getting their job done, it's not worth
worrying about.

-Victoria
Victoria J. Nuttle
Technical Writer, Creative Automation
vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com