Re: Loyalty cuts? (Take II)

Subject: Re: Loyalty cuts? (Take II)
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:33:14 -0700 (PDT)

------ Geoff Hart wrote:

> "But practically speaking, the actual loyalty most
> of us develop is to the people of the company, and
> specifically to our boss and the colleagues we work
> directly with."

------

However, employees who are suspicious of a company?s
motives are not going to be loyal, nor, in the long
run, productive - regardless of how they feel about
their boss and/or the colleagues they work directly
with.

------ AND:

> "First, if leaders accepted every employee as a real
> human and acted accordingly, they'd be paralyzed
> Second, given that these leaders don't know us at
> all, it's hard to see how they would have a chance
> to develop any loyalty to us."

--------

Companies (i.e. it's "leaders") cannot just talk about
loyalty; they must show it: by their actions and by
their commitment to their employees and their careers.
If this involves getting to know each and every
employee, so be it!

Happy (and loyal) employees result in increased
productivity, which ultimately increases the bottom
line. What's not to get?

DaLy

=====
"Rarely is the question asked...Is our children learning?"
---President George W. Bush

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com