Help Needed! SDLC Processes and Templates

Subject: Help Needed! SDLC Processes and Templates
From: John W Sorensen <john -dot- sorensen -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:06:05 -0400

Hello. I'm on the "other side" not just writing code anymore, but now
having to write documentation and manage a development project. My
experience in the past has been from the developer side of things and
usually being managed by people that weren't too conscious of the SDLC.
Now, I'd like to make sure I'm following everything using best practices.

I've searched the web on things like SDLC but cannot find exactly what I'm
looking for, so I hope someone here can help. I'm currently working on an
Implementation Plan that describes the following documentation:

Release Strategy
Master Test Plan
Usability Design and Evaluation Plan
Training and User Support Plan
Deployment Plan
Systems Management Plan
Acceptance Test Plan

I'm trying to show the relationship between the different plans and how
they are developed. I'm a little sketchy on it myself, so I was trying to
find some site on the web with templates for the various types of
documentation.

Is there anyone that can help? I'm up against a deadline (when are we
not?) and need to get this put together in outline form as soon as
possible.

Thank you in advance!!!

John

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com