Re: No more carpal tunnel for typists?

Subject: Re: No more carpal tunnel for typists?
From: Paul Goble <pg -at- pgcommunication -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:34:31 -0600

Dick asked:

> What accommodation do you have to make in your day-to-day work
> to the absence of the numeric keypad?

Many of the narrow keyboards have an embedded numeric keypad:
tap a "mode" key, and some of the letter keys turn into keypad keys.

One can also buy standalone numeric keypads that can be placed
out of the way.

The little IBM M4 I'm using now doesn't have a numeric keypad,
and I just use Character Map, cut-n-paste from another document,
or shortcut keys.

Paul

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com