Re: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore?

Subject: Re: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore?
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:15:58 -0700 (PDT)

"Jan Henning" <henning -at- r-l -dot- de> wrote in message news:202559 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> I wonder (I'm not familiar with the details) - is there any solid
> indication that the tax break did save, as opposed to 'could have
> saved', any jobs? Because if there isn't, we are left with three
> choices:

Actually, it would not only save jobs, it creates them. The whole tax break
issue for Boeing is related to Boeing's pending decision as to where they will
build the new 7E7 airplane (this replaces the 767 and 757 aircraft). Building
this plain in the Seattle area would not only save jobs from the 737 program,
it would probably create jobs as well.

Therfore, the tax break is clearly a strategic, long-term decision to not only
retain jobs, but create them. So, while 300 tech writers out of work might
suck, if it means 10,000 more jobs to line operators and such - then the net
effect is better.

Note: I am not saying it will work. Also, note that this is not handing money
to Boeing. Its merely a tax break. That does not, necessarily, mean a tax
increase for anybody else.

Andrew Plato

http://sbc.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com