Re: After Manager, Director?

Subject: Re: After Manager, Director?
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:57:16 -0400

Don't do it! In the last 2 years (plus a bit), I've seen, let's see, 2 directors terminated in the last month, total of 5. Climb down.

For a director, Documentation better be a profit centre (as opposed to a cost centre).

BTW, CIO in several corps I've worked in were VP positions (Chief Information Officer, VP Information Technology or CTO, Chief Technology Officer, VP Information Tech).

Karen Black, lowly tech writer drudge

From: "Worzel Gummidge" <worzel_gummidge -at- lycos -dot- com>
Once one becomes a manager, can one move into a Directorship? If so, is a Director's title:

Director of Documentation?
CIO (Cheif Information Officer)?
Other?

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com