Re: Acronyms & Abbreviations--Just Say NO!

Subject: Re: Acronyms & Abbreviations--Just Say NO!
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:40:37 +0100

While we're on the subject, and the heat makes it feel like a Friday (in southern England at least) could someone please demystify YMMV?

I've thought about it long and hard, in context as well, and am convinced it should actually be YVMV (your views may vary). YMMV can, to my mind, only mean 'Your Mind May Vary'. My mind often wanders, but it stays much the same all the time; so clarification please!

Best regards,
Ant

Goober Writer wrote:

Right. But, FWIW, sometimes ppl speak in the strangest
ways. Oh well. YMMV.

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com