Re: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore? (long)

Subject: Re: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore? (long)
From: "Brian Das" <brian_das -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:10:44 -0400

Goober wrote:
> And why are they misrepresented? Because they are
> uninformed. How do they become informed? By the
> workers and the work they perform.

I don't think it's wise to rely solely on workers telling managers why
they're valuable. It might be necessary in some situations, especially for
somewhat specialized work like tech writing, but as a business plan, it
falls flat.

I would much rather make sure my managers dig in to the work they're
managing, form their own opinions, and discover the value (if it's there),
rather than relying solely on the workers' perception of their own value.

...especially if I had one of those smart-talkin tech writers that spend too
much time on lists. Speaking of which, I gotta get back to work.

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com