RE: Held hostage by Adobe for $39.00

Subject: RE: Held hostage by Adobe for $39.00
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:34:25 -0400

On 06/16/2003 5:25 PM, John Posada (JPosada -at- book -dot- com) wrote:

>I'm not asking for hand holding, I'm not asking for one-off support. I
>simply want to know how to get to the applications I paid for off of the CDs
>that I have in my hand, without jumping through hoops that without knowing
>me, is telling me to prove I'm not a thief. Unreasonable?
>
>...and I'm supposed to attempt to convince my company that should we go to a
>tech pubs department, to spend more money for more of this attitude?

Of course you're not. That's why, when people in my company kept asking
people in our department to create PDFs for them, instead of telling them
to buy their own copies of Acrobat, I wrote a short set of instructions
for downloading, installing, and using GSView and Ghostscript to
accomplish the same thing.

Adobe gets money from me *only* when they are the only solution in town.
They could have a lot more money from my employer if they provided better
service, but they clearly don't want any more money.

Mike

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com