Re: Velcro or "hook and loop"

Subject: Re: Velcro or "hook and loop"
From: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:39:46 +0200

Here in Norway it's "Borrelaas", which means "burr fastener".

In France it's onomatopoetically called "scratch", at least by children and most adults.

Can you not find out what it is? Maybe you're describing actual Velcro and then you could just call it that. If it's not Velcro find out what its manufacturer calls it.

2003-06-17 20:10:16, Archimede Ziviello <archimede -dot- ziviello -at- cannondale -dot- com> wrote:

>Question:
>
>I am explaining an "attachment system" that uses what I know to be "velcro."
>
>Naturally, I don't know if the actual materials are the VELCRO (tm). So I
>can just use the TM and trust that it carries the meaning.
>
>Is this stuff know to the common joe (in all languages) as "hook and loop?"
>
>Thanks
>Archie

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com