Re: serif or san serif??

Subject: Re: serif or san serif??
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

> I am currently working on an online help system. In
> school we talked about
> using serif fonts for text and san serif for
> heading, etc. for looks and
> readability. I always thought that this carried
> over to the e-text as well.
> I have been hearing that studies say that sanserif
> is easier or better when
> looking at e-texts. Any one have answers?

No, merely opinions and skewed case studies. But, it
all boils down to this:

Use whatever font you want, as long as it's one
everyone can view and it's easy to read.

The whole "serif for this and sans for that" approach
is really quite silly when you step back and look at
it. After all, where is your content development
mostly taking place? That's right, on a computer. And
how do we author on a computer? With input devices
while looking at, you guessed it, a screen. ;)

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

http://sbc.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com