RE: techwr-l digest: June 18, 2003

Subject: RE: techwr-l digest: June 18, 2003
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:31:55 -0700 (PDT)

> 1. Is Myriad Pro indeed a multiple master font?

I don't know about Myriad Pro.

> 2. If it is, how do I go about creating the font
> instances I need with ATM
> 4.1 Lite so that Myriad "regular", Italic, Bold, and
> Bold Italic fonts are
> available in FrameMaker 7? I need really basic step
> by step instructions on
> this.

Look in your Fonts folder in Windows. Are there 4
entries for Myriad Pro? If so, there is probably one
for "plain", one for bold, one for italic, and one for
bold italic. You won't have the choice of which to
specify, but when you apply these character formats to
the font, the correct face should be used by FM and
not a tweak of the standard face.

> 3. Will I be able to create PDFs to send to my
> commercial offset printer that include these fonts?

If you tell Acrobat to embed the fonts (and subset to
the characters you're using) then yes.

FWIW, you don't need to use ATM Lite with Windows XP.
XP has its own built in font management functionality
that works comparable to ATM Lite. That is, you gain
no benefit with ATM Lite on XP, but will with the full
blown ATM.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com