RE: Kat Nagel's "Life Cycle of Mailing Lists"

From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:55:17 EDT

I've been reading and writing to this list for a long time, and if the
difference between stagnation and purity is the way we treat new newbies, I'd have
to say we're closer to stagnation.

The way we've treated some of them is just shameful. I still rue being part
of a community that gave Amber "the worst four days of her professional life."
And, as another one of them recently observed, we don't have time to be
helpful, but there's always one person or another who has time to add insult to
injury.

We undercut the usefulness of the list when we collectively behave like that.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com