RE: Kat Nagel's "Life Cycle of Mailing Lists"

From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:36:54 -0500

SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
~>
~> The way we've treated some of them is just shameful. I
~> still rue being part of a community that gave Amber "the
~> worst four days of her professional life." And, as another
~> one of them recently observed, we don't have time to be
~> helpful, but there's always one person or another who has
~> time to add insult to injury.
~>
~> We undercut the usefulness of the list when we collectively
~> behave like that.
~>

I'm sorry if someone walks away from posting here with their feelings hurt,
but my goodness... this is only an e-mail list. If a bunch of unfriendly
e-mails account for the worst four days of your professional life then your
professional life is pretty darn easy! <snipped nasty war stories due to
reappearance of nervous twitch>

A part of being a tech writer is learning to glean information from
blow-hard jerks. How nice to be able to practice here, where they're not in
your face and you can simply hit delete. For that alone, I think this list
is pretty useful. haha... just kidding, I don't find this list very harsh...
want harsh? talk to traditional dog trainers and mention clickers...

Willow

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com