Re: Motivation + career path

Subject: Re: Motivation + career path
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, okay, okay - I'll give in.

You guys are right. I am a celebrity. And you have all made some good points. I
am always willing to change my mind if somebody makes a convincing argument.
You've convinced me. My name can be used in arguments.

However, based on this, I have decided that some of you are celebrities as
well. Therefore, I will begin using YOUR names in my arguments.

Thus you won't mind when I say things like:

"Most small-minded a**holes subscribe to the Bill Swallow school of human
relations. You'll need to be careful not to say what you really think as
they'll misunderstand you."

And...

"Anytime you are confronted with a Dick Margulis type of employee, you'll want
to make sure you take appropriate measures to document exactly what was decided
in the meetings because they don't really give a crap what you think and will
just do anything they please."

And of course, this is a no-brainier:

"Most incompetent, arrogant, semi-simian technical writers subscribe to the Tom
Murrell school of business relationships where treating people with respect
only applies to those people that share you political, social, and sexual
preferences."

Thanks for explaining this to me. I really appreciate it. I plan to make
liberal use of this new policy, attributing whatever persona I see fit.

All this time I thought this was rude and disrespectful. Maybe Eric will change
the TECHWR-L posting rules to clarify that its okay to attribute a persona to
somebody and use their names to further your points.

What is really funny about this, is that everybody keeps telling me how visible
I am around here. Yet I barely post any more. I posted once this week and once
last week. Compared to the quarter-hourly work status updates from some people,
I thought once a week wasn't particularly "visible."

This list is funny sometimes. I enjoy it's unique form of logic.

Andrew Plato

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com