RE: Interviewing "under the hood"?

Subject: RE: Interviewing "under the hood"?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:17:24 -0400

Adrienne...many times, a requirement of a job posting is that they want the
resume electronically in Word. Yes, you could send it in PDF, but why start
right out of the box with appearing difficult. Save that for when rates come
up.

One of the reasons they ask for it is that many agencies and large companies
enter the information into a database. Word is easy. PDF might have to be
OCR scanned, depending on their abilities.

As far as doing it for the purpose of peeking under the hood...I'd guess
that of every 100 resumes you send out, that will happen 2X...though more if
you send it to those on this list.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

> From: Fargas, Adrienne [mailto:AFargas -at- condor -dot- nrl -dot- navy -dot- mil]
> I've been following this discussion about the use of
> paragraph and character
> styles in resumes. It's a great discussion, but now I find
> myself wondering:
> is giving out copies of your resume as a .doc file the smartest way to
> distribute it? Or is it perhaps wiser to distribute copies of
> your resume in
> .pdf to keep curious interviewers from "peeking under the hood" and
> critiquing how well you used or didn't use styles?

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com